I’m loving the look of negative space nail art at the moment (basically, painting your nails, but leaving an area of your bare nail exposed). For this deign, all I needed was:
• a base coat and top coat (love these from butter London)
• dark blue and gold polish
• a dotting tool (you can also use a bobby pin)
• a small piece of tinfoil (for holding the polish that you use for dotting)
• chevron nail tape (mine is from Stick Me Nails, but you could easily use scotch tape)
Start by taping your nails at the base, and then painting the top portions with the blue polish. Make sure the tape is pushed all the way into the edges of your nail.
Remove the tape immediately after you paint the nail. Apply the second coat without the use of tape – just paint as close to the line as you can.
Place a drop of the gold polish onto the piece of tinfoil, and use a dotting tool to add a single gold dot at the center of the chevron point.
Add a top coat to the entire nail, and you’re done!